Versionhistory for 'People search / Finn folk'CURRENT RELEASE: 2.3, released 14.05.2013
See more info below about future, current and old releases.
FUTURE RELEASES (coming as free updates)
Version LIST OF STUFF THAT IS PLANNED, BUT HAVE NO SPECIFIC DATE FOR YET, estimated to be released approx "TBD"
- Use custom-accent-colors users may have tweaked with 'hacks' on their phone
- Make an option for controling what quick-action-button to show in LAST USED (default action or last action against the person)
- Brazillian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish language-versions
- Make it possible to send contact info by sms/email in vCard format (will probably need to temporarily store the vCard on my server, since it is not possible in WP to send an email/sms with an attachment, but links to a server-side-file are allowed)
- Release video for version 1.0
Version 2.4, estimated to be released approx "TBD"
- A special WP8-version, more info closer to launch
CURRENT RELEASE (available now in Marketplace)
Version 2.3, released "14.05.2013"
- Option for vibrate-on-keypress
- [BUGFIX] Trial-version now shows the startup-message after 24 hours again, as the app description always have stated.
- Several other minor bugfixes
PREVIOUS / OLD RELEASES
Version 2.2, released "14.03.2013"
- [BUGFIX] Creation of QR tag failed sometimes.
- [BUGFIX] First startup wizard had an minor issue.
Version 2.1, released "14.02.2013"
- Now also searches and shows the field 'Significant others'.
- Now also searches and shows the field 'Children'.
- Added ekstra Cyrillic character 'Й' after tip from Петър Рахнев.
- Will now try to automatically restore any backup of settings you might have stored on my server, on first startup on a new phone.
- Will now automatically backup your settings to my server at startup of the application (only when there are changes made in preferences AND it is more than one day since last settings-backup).
- [BUGFIX] Speeddial-setup failed to be stored for some users.
- Numerous other small enhancements and bugfixes.
Version 2.0, released "18.12.2012"
- HIGH CONTRAST KEYBOARD MODE; Makes the keyboard easier to see, and fits Metro UI even better.
- SPEED DIALING / PRESS-AND-HOLD FAVORITES; Put favorites to the dial keys 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 0, so you can call/text them with press'n'hold of a single button.
- 3 new custom-icon options (9 in total now).
- Dial pad use accent color as background on keypress (so the app blends even more into your chosen theme).
- Added a 'Got it, don't show this anymore'-checkbox to the infotext that is shown in last used (so the app looks nicer when you have gotten the message:)
- Backup/restore now also covers speed dial and last used (this data is of course stored privately and is not shared or used in any way, other than making it easier for you to restore on a new phone).
- Tip about tap-number-to-clear++ is not shown if user taps once on it (then I assume you 'got it').
- Tuned the start-up animation so the LOADING-text is not shown on extremely fast devices. WP8 devices are so fast that the loading-animation just blinked.
- BUGFIX for issue that occured when one-or-more contacts had a empty Display Name.
- Many other tweaks, minor bugfixes and enhancements.
Version 1.6, released "20.09.2012"
- MORE SEARCH CHARACTERS; Added some Polish characters that was missing. BIG THANKS TO Maciej Parólski.
- BACKUP-FIX; Fixed so the backup-settings-to-server-functionality is working again.
Version 1.5, released "09.07.2012"
- LARGE PICTURE; Now you can tap the contact-picture in the details page to see a larger version.
- LAST USED; Remove items from last used by tap'n'holding the item + selecting REMOVE (remove that mistress from the call log:)
- KEYBOARD; Flick down on the keyboard to hide it.
- INDEXING BUG; The BACKGROUND indexing did not use your personal search-settings. It indexed all fields except notes regardsless of your preferences. Manual indexing did it correctly...but would just be overwritten by the background indexing shortly after :(
Version 1.4, released "29.06.2012"
- MORE SEARCH CHARACTERS; Added Central European characters. BIG THANKS TO Petr Šikola FOR THE HELP WITH THIS!
- NEW LABELS; New keyboard-label-type for Central European.
- NEW ICONS; Two extra icons you can use when customizing the tile for the app.
- LAYOUT; Adjusted font on keyboard, and the position of the context-menu (when tapping the search-text)
- SOUND; Sound/haptic-feedback on button press (default off)
- NEW OPTION; dial tones on/off (sound on keypress)
- NEW OPTION; pitch for dial tones (high/normal/low)
- PERFORMANCE; Faster startup (minor tweak)
- Improved the custom-label-logic, so the custom-labels always starts off with the label-set you had chosen right before chosing CUSTOM.
- SWIPE TO CLEAR; Swipe left/right on the search-text (or the delete-button) to delete all the search-text (you can still hold the delete-button or use the context-menu for this too)
- [BUGFIX] Did not show the NOTHING-FOUND-info and REINDEX-button, when no person matched the search
- Several other bugfixes and enhancements
Version 1.3, released "20.06.2012"
- YouTube video showing the main news from version 1.3
- PERFORMANCE; The app now starts faster
- SAVE NUMBER; Save a number to a contact, added as a new menu-item in the number-context-menu (when you tap the typed number)
- BUSINESS CARD TILE; Create a quick-share-QR-tile for sharing contact-info (your own or any other person) as a QR-tag, to the phones start-screen
- IMPROVED SHARE-BY-QR; The share-by-QR-dialogue now only shows the fields that the MECARD-QR-format actually support
- LAYOUT; Improved layout and info in the QR-tag-page
- CUSTOMIZE THE APPLICATION TILE; New option in preferences where you can create a custom tile for the app (4 icon-options in current version).
- LAYOUT PREFERNCES; Merged the stuff from the About-page into the Preferences-page
- [BUGFIX] The Greek/international label-option actually showed Cyrillic/international labels
Version 1.2, released "14.06.2012"
- YouTube video showing the main news from version 1.2
- PERFORMANCE; Faster searching (is now as-you-type, and not after-you-typed as it was before).
- Added Cyrillic search-characters to the indexing, so the T9-search now also will search with Cyrillic characters. BIG THANKS TO Dmitry Bunevich FOR THE HELP WITH THIS!
- Added a new Cyrillic-label-set that will be auto-selected if the phone is setup as; Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Montenegro, Macedonia, Mongolia, Serbia, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine. This can be manually oversteered in the advanced-keyboard-page. Please let me know if some of this is not correct.
- Removed option for max-to-show, since we now always will show max 50 in search-results (smarter search-logic now handles this fine).
- Keyboard is now also shown if you drag the show-keyboard-button (tap still works of course).
- Share by QR-TAG (generates and shows a MECARD QR-tag, than can be scanned by the camera on any Windows Phone, Android og iOS device).
- Adjusted the info-texts and added info about voice mail++
- Adjusted space and touch-area for search-result-items (8 more pixels of air in top)
- Merged about-page with the preferences-page
- Minor adjustments to the tile icon.
Version 1.1, released "06.06.2012"
- Adjusted the name of the app, now upper-case on both words; People Search / Finn Folk.
- Added support for voice-mail (tap'n'hold 1 for dialing or adding your voice-mail number).
- Added Nickname to both search and the person-page (had completely missed that one).
- Added company name to the person-page (was not shown before).
- Added Greek search-characters to the index, and Greek-label-option. A BIG THANKS TO Michael Bellos FOR THE HELP WITH THIS!
- Character Ä is moved from the 3-dial key to the 2-dial key...gotten some hints that this is its most natural place :)
- Improved the NavigateTo-functionality; It seems to work in all countries now, without the user needing to change settings on their phone. A HUGE THANKS TO ManniAT WHO GAVE ME THE SOLUTION!
- Minor improvement to keyboard-response.
- BUG-FIX: Crashed on startup if you had removed/changed name of a person that you had in last-used before re-index.
- BUG-FIX: If you manualy oversteered the language in the app, it did not save it.
- BUG-FIX: If you got a search-hit on Company Name, the quick-action-button tried to call the company name and not the phone number.
Version 1.0, released "12.05.2012"
- Public, world wide release in Marketplace (called Finn folk in Norwegian Marketplace, People search in rest of the world)
- Will have English and Norwegian language, but support local characters in searches. Future versions are planned to have more languages built in.
- FIXED: Faster startup (in some cases the startup was slower).
- FIXED: had forgotten to translate the heading 'tilbakemelding' to 'feedback' in the settings-/MENU-page in the English version.
- And some more bug-fixes and enhancements.
Version 0.8, released "24.04.2012"
- Background-re-indexing, will automatically re-index contacts once every 24. hour.
- Forward contact info has been improved (shows actual data to be sent, so it is easier to decide what to include or not).
- Adjusted keyboard so keymapping is more like dial-pad on 'old-school-cellphones'. Among other the 0-button searches as space.
- Adjusted keyboard layout so tap'n'hold keys are more visible (shown in accent color).
- Improved layout in almost all screens
- Faster startup.
- BUGFIKS: Share location by SMS had Norwegian text, also when English was selected as language. Fixed.
- BUGFIKS: Crashed while indexing in some circumstances, and I have hopefully fixed this issue :)
Version 0.7, released "07.04.2012"
- RELEASE CANDIDATE; If all goes well in BETA-testing this will be the version published in Marketplace as version 1.0.
- Tuned layout many places in the app
- Optimized the touch-surface-area for the dial-keyboard
- Dial-keyboard has nicer animations, and optimized touch-surface-area
- Tuned the action-buttons in the detail-page
- Tuned the delete-button in the dial-keyboard
- Fine-tuned the animations; faster and better looking
- Pop-up/zoom-out animation added to the forward-info-menu
- NEW OPTION: Background color on the grouping-headings (the new discrete/gray, accentcolor, or discrete accentcolor)
- Made a new pivot-page in preferences/MENU-page called 'feedback'. Has button for about, contact developer, rate the app and a buy-button (if applicable)
- Timestamp in LAST USED is now more dynamic, shows the actual day, and hides the date if it was less than a week ago. If it was today, it just shows the time. Seconds are not shown anymore. Point of this change is to show as little text as possible, but at the same time show all the info the user wants/needs.
- Added logic and page that will be shown when the trial-period has expired (the app will still be useable after expiry, but the message will be shown on startup with an 8-second delay).
- Many MAP-enhancements, among other full-screen map, and showing your position live on the map (especially usefull in regions where NavigateTo with Bing doesn't work properly)
- Send MAP-URL now has an option for the map-URL to open in birds eye-view...a bit cooler/impressive for the receiver especially if Bing support 3D-buildings in the map at that point. This will automatically also adjust the initial zoom-level for the sent link.
- BUGFIKS: Quick-dial-button was not working correctly when you got a hit on a jobtitle (tried to phone the jobtitle:)
- BUGFIKS: Picture and notes from wrong person could be shown in details when you had several people with same name.
Version 0.6, released "28.03.2012"